The term ‘Lorna Doone Dental’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Lorna Doone Dental Surgery, Chobham Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4AA. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
This Policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email us or write to us.
We gather and use patient information in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them online.
Forms on this website do collect personal data that you submit, which will be emailed with the intent to store that data on industry standard UK email hosting and practice management records for the purpose of providing you a service.
The Data Protection Act (1998)
Our practice is notified with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
Our Data Controller can be contacted at our practice address or by telephone with any questions you may have or details concerning the protection of your personal data.
Our Practice is Registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Details of our Registration can be seen at www.cqc.org.uk. Our practice has to comply with the CQC data protection policy for Patient Records both offline and online.
What data we gather
We may collect your data in a variety of ways on this website. Our lawful basis for processing your data will be your explicit consent to us to do so. We may store this data indefinitely.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including your email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to patient enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you expect from your practice, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To transfer or share sensitive patient data with other registered dental or medical professionals
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for research reasons.
Your individual rights
As an individual, you have the following rights in regard to the data that we collect and store:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please call the practice and speak to our Data Controller or Data Protection Officer.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in an e- form or provide your personal details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to us.
- Write to us.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Cookies and website visitor tracking
When using this website, you have the choice to agree to or decline cookies. Cookies are small files installed on your browser device that allow websites (including ours), to find out more about your browsing behaviour. For Lorna Doone Dental Surgery, the purpose of using cookies is to better understand visitor demographics to this site so that improvements can be made, as well as informing marketing and sales strategies in the future.
This website makes use of several cookies, most notably ones relating to Google Analytics.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unlawful disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside of the www.lornadoonedental.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for your data protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data via interactive website templates. Study the website data protection policy and the status of the website itself - is it padlocked or using https:// or green bar transfer protocols?).
If you feel that there is a problem with the way that we are handling your data, you may complain to the ICO directly at https://ico.org.uk/.